Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Orange Blossom Yarn Crawl Day 2

I am having so much fun doing this, it shouldn't be allowed! I've met so many nice people and discovered so much beautiful yarn. I need to sell more jewelry so I can start buying all this high quality yarn more often!
Tim and Hope came with me today which was nice; someone to talk to and someone else to drive. I hate driving on I-4.

Today's first stop was Knit! in Longwood. It's owned by Marney and her sister, Ruth and has been in business for 8 years. The store has a lovely selection of yarn as well as other supplies. They are happy to order in anything you like but don't see in their shop.
Next stop was Sip and Knit in Maitland. It's owned by Doni and has been in business for 14 years, 8 in the current location. Doni was busy with customers so I took a picture of Barbara; she teaches classes and has worked at Sip and Knit for 12 years. I also took a picture of their sweet dog, Tucker. He was very well behaved while lots of people shopped around him. I loved the layout of this shop: multiple rooms, each with a different purpose. I didn't get the big yarn room because it was very crowded and I didn't want to take anyone's picture without permission.
The last stop of the day was The Black Sheep in Orlando. This is the oldest shop so far, having been open 40 years! It's owned by Anne and has been for the 7 years it has been in it's current location. They sell a lot of beautiful needlepoint supplies as well as yarn, needles, hooks and other crochet and knit supplies. They also have the multiple room setup I like.
I'm amending the schedule; Tim has offered to drive me to the last three shops on my list if we go tomorrow. These are the farthest away, all on the coast; I'll be happy to have his company :-)

Thanks for reading!
Blessings :-)

Daily Inspiration


8 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are able to do this..I am looking foward to your next post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my kind of crawl!
    Enjoy playing with your new treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your doing this! Isnt Doni the designer of a shawl pattern? The seraphina?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same name, different person. Pretty shawl, though :-)

      Delete
  4. Wow its great to see all the beautiful colours, textures and to meet the owners! You certainly sound like you are having a ball!!
    Hope you have a good day on the coast today...
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one lucky gal...visiting all those wonderful yarn stores. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, ladies :-) I'm having a great time. Thanks for all your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete