Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Smalls SAL - Three Finishes!

Thank you for all the well wishes on my last post :-) The last couple days have been much better with a lot less pain. Tim survived his super long shift and got some rest; I don't know how often he'll have to work them, but it'll probably be until they get some more mechanics.

I'm breaking my progress posts into pieces so they're not too long. Today's is all about the Smalls SAL hosted by Heather of Stitching Lotus. And I have three - yes, three, isn't it amazing? - small finishes for the month!
You saw this one already. It's the Boo Club Monster by Lizzie Kate. For anyone curious, I stitched the eyes as black Smyrna crosses with white French knots in the middle because I didn't have any buttons small enough.
I finished the Boo Club Brew by Lizzie Kate, too. That makes three in the series completed!
And I finished my first Prairie Schooler design! This is Santa's 12 Days of Christmas Day 1. Now to focus on Day 2. I wonder how many I can finish this year?
I had so hoped these would be FFOs (Fully Finished Objects for those who don't stitch) in time for this post; I bought fabric and batting and have chipboard. But pain days slowed me down. Maybe I can squeeze in some time this weekend.
Thanks for reading and looking. I'll be back tomorrow with some more progress photos.
Blessings :-)

24 comments:

  1. Well done. That's why I like simple projects. You can finish quickly and feel a sense of accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes! I hope you can finish finish them soon. Then would you like to come to my house and help me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on three (!) finishes! Love your PS Santa - I'm so in love with them.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate, I am so glad you are in less pain now, hope that continues! Poor Tim having to work such long shifts - his firm had better get more mechanics soon. Your Santa looks really great. So nice for you to finish 3 items. Well done! Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always impressed by your work. Thank you for your kind words for my sick mother. It isn't easy being 90 years old. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great progress and finishes! I love the Brew one it's my favorite :) Good call on Frankie's eyes too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all of the awesome finishes Kate. You are putting me to shame.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the cute finishes!! Glad to know you are feeling better now:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, impressive finishes. Love Santas 12 days of Christmas set, delightful. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely smalls Kate, I like how you stitched the monster eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're feeling better! Great small projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three pretty finishes! Congrats on a job well done, don't work yourself too much, nice to hear you're feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love those cute LK Halloween designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Halloween charts and the 12 days of Christmas is a good on going project. I still haven't decided on a Christmas project yet so I will just cheer for you and follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry you haven't been feeling well lately. Hope you feel better soon. I always hated when my hubby worked any overtime. I'd rather have him than the money any day! It sure does come in handy and is nice to spend though! :) Love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Look at you go! I love the Brew one - very cute. I'm in between cross-stitching projects right now but hope to get started on a "Rome" themed one in the next few weeks. But I guess I should start thinking about Christmas. I am sure it will sneak up on us soon. I need to plan ahead more like you!! Hugs! B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great finishes! I hope that you can get them all done how you want them to be! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Halloween designs came out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, three finihes! That's really good, Kate. So sorry that you couldn't finish them completely yet because of being in too much pain. But that give you the chance to show them once more when they are made into something. I love seeing the change from the finished to the completed project. I wish you lots of finishing time and as little pain as possible over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are three wonderful finishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry about your fibromyalgia pain! Hope you can get some relief soon. These are very nice cross-stitch finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow you are working on some really nice projects. I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Take care and I hope you have a good week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, 3 completed pieces…good for you! Halloween stitching is such a favorite of mine, as is PS Designs. You did a beautiful job on all 3.

    ReplyDelete