Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Crazy day, Finished projects

When does a stay-at-home mom really get to stay home? 
On my mind today as we went to a homeschool book sale, Game Stop, Walmart, the bank, Big Lots, Dairy Queen, the library, then finally home.
After cleaning and working on the computer, I went to a Stampin Up party tonight. Always a blast to be with friends with a common purpose.
 I wanted to show the lovely scarves I finished in the last two days. I didn't post them as WIPs because they were very quick projects, about 5 hours each (and I crochet slowly).

Close up of the butterfly stitch
I fell in love with the pattern when I saw it. This yarn was in my stash with no label so I have no idea what kind it is, but I love the colors. The pattern can be found here on All Free Crochet. The only change I made was repeating row 2 at the very end before double crocheting a full row. That way the last butterfly was complete.
Now, as much as I love this scarf and loved making it, it's a little wide for my taste. When I think of a decorative scarf, I see a really long, narrow one that you can wrap a few times and still have a long section on both sides. So I played with the pattern, made a few modifications, and came up with this:
Close up of the butterfly stitch

 Here is the pattern I used:
Chain 8 plus chain 3 (total of 11 chains) (chain 3 DOES NOT count as first double crochet)
Row 1: Double crochet in the 4th chain from the hook and in the next 7 chains (total of 8 double crochets plus chain 3)
Chain 3 and turn (counts as first double crochet for next row and every row after)
Row 2: Double crochet in the second stitch
Chain 6, skipping 5 stitches
Double crochet in the last two stitches
Chain 3 and turn
Row 3: Double crochet in the second stitch
Chain 6, skipping 5 stitches
Double crochet in the last two stitches
Chain 3 and turn
Row 4: Double crochet in the second stitch
Chain 3
Single crochet once around the two chains in the previous two rows (makes the loop in the middle that makes it look like a butterfly)
Chain 3
Double crochet in the last two stitches
Chain 3 and turn
Repeat rows 2, 3, and 4 until desired length.
Last two rows:
Repeat row 2
Double crochet in the second stitch
Double crochet five times in the chain 6 from the previous row
Double crochet in the last two stitches
Fasten off, weave in ends
 
Thanks for reading!
Blessings :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment