Search This Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Recovered From the Last Few Days and a New Toy

Ugh! The last few days have been a little rough. As a homeschool mom who's also self employed, I'm used to people questioning me about why and how I do things. That's life; you're never going to please everyone and people are entitled to their opinions. I usually do a pretty good job handling these comments and try to respond positively with patience and grace. 
However, the last three days have been a little heavy with the judgements. I've dealt with comments and questions from nearly everyone I've come in contact with and had to defend everything from how and why I do my job, how and why I homeschool, my personal feelings and reactions to things, just to mention a few. I've dealt with a coworker lying to me and being treated as though I were untrustworthy.  Like I said, I can usually handle these situations pretty well, but the sheer amount of negative comments put me off my game. But I spent a lot of time in solitude and prayer and am feeling a lot better.
We went computer shopping today; that was an experience! I'm not techy at all and the sheer range of possibilities was overwhelming. Not to mention the computer I had was extremely obsolete so all the systems that are everyday to most people are new to me. We found a nice HP laptop for just under $400. My super techy hubby deemed it worthy of purchase and helped me set it up. I still don't know all it does (Windows 8 completely mystifies me!), but at least I figured how to use the Internet on it. The next thing I have to figure out is how to upload pictures. 
If you made it this far, thanks for reading my rant. 
Blessings :-)

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've had to go through that - I wish for brighter days for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry things haven't been going so well, it's funny everything seems to be going along smoothly and then everything seems to go wrong at once. Never mind you have a lovely new laptop to play with I'm sure you will soon get the hang of it, have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things get better for you. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay new computer! Boo mean co-worker! Can you send me an email? I thought I had you # but I can't find it. I have a question for you :)

    cooldrogosatgmaildotcom Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete