Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Random Photos and Tickled Thursday

Here I am neglecting my blog and all my wonderful bloggy friends. Shame on me! I'm very behind on my blog reading; after Alex's party on Sunday, I hope to be able to do some catching up.

Some random things around my house:
Alex's new shoes. She doesn't know what to make of them. 
The rainbow yarn bowl my beautiful, talented, artistic daughter Hope made me for Mother's Day.
No more yarn rolling away!
She also made me this little box. It had chocolate in it; that didn't last long.
Now I throw my orts in it as I stitch. Every couple days I empty them into the big jar.
Speaking of which, I missed TUSAL (again). It was a couple of days ago. This is being hosted by It's Daffycat. The yarn is probably two-three month's worth. The thread is from all year; I'm trying to fill the jar by the end of December.
I finished the body of the corner to corner blanket I'm making for my nephew, Luke; my sister-in-law is due in June, so I need to get cracking on the border. I'm using Red Heart With Love in Peacock for that.
I still have a lot of roses to make for the Granny Rose CAL, but I added the green to the ones I have. I'm using Loops and Threads Impeccable in Fern. This is being hosted by Astri of Apple Blossom Dreams.
I have some progress to show on a few of my starts; I think I'm the slowest stitcher in the world, but at least I'm still adding stitches. One day I'll finish something.
Brew by Lizzie Kate
Pretty Little New York by Jody Rice of Satsuma Street. This is a weekly SAL with Linda and Jo.
Life's Piece-makers
Actually, once in a while, I do finish something. I finished my chart for this month's Smalls SAL a week early, but I won't show it until Wednesday.
I'll leave you with some fiber funnies.
Thanks for reading and looking.
Blessings :-)

8 comments:

  1. What an awesome post Kate. The picture of the 2 Spinx's is adorable. Awesome progress on all of your projects. Love your blankets.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. Cute shoes, sweet gifts and lots of fabulous WIPs! and those sayings are so true, lol on the second one. Enjoy your day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post you got a lot accomplished! I don't know what she thinks of her new shoes but I think they're adorable lol I also love the rainbow bowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new yarn bowl and box and great progress on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered where you were! Life gets busy, doesn't it? Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the roses with the leaf row are beautiful. I am going to pin this one too. We are loving your color choices for the roses and leaves! Everything about this whole post is awesome. I am now inspired to finsih lots of projects that I will never finish. teehee. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those sayings - so funny! I remember when my boys were wearing small shoes, now they're almost in adult sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stitching! You are so lucky to have gotten such beautiful gifts from your daughter :) She's made you the perfect presents!

    ReplyDelete