I've seen this Friday series on many blogs and thought it looked like fun. It was started by Amy of love made my home. You share five things on Friday, either related or not. So, today, I have five random thoughts that I'm linking to Amy's Five on Friday post.
1. While scrolling through Pinterest (my not-so-secret addiction), I saw some posts on homeschooling preschoolers. My first thought: "How nice." My second thought: "Eek! That's only a year or two away!" As time seems to move at warp speed in my house, I've decided it's best to start researching how to homeschool a preschooler now.
2. I went to the new doctor on Tuesday, and I have to admit I was very impressed. He actually listened! Wow! He didn't treat me as if I were stupid or being a baby or making up my pain. He listened, took lots of notes, and gave me some prescriptions that should help. While he didn't officially diagnose me with fibromyalgia yet, that's the route we're taking with medication. If I improve in the next couple weeks, it'll be a good conclusion.
3. We survived our first week of night shifts. Tim's been home the last few days and goes back to work tonight. It hasn't been too bad; no one's getting much sleep, but I figured that. That's why we took the time off from school and have been cleaning and organizing. I've been tackling small areas every day and filling boxes to take to the thrift store. It's amazing how much stuff we have that doesn't get used.
4. It's IHSW this weekend, hosted by Joysze of Random Ramblings. I really haven't decided what projects I'm going to focus on stitching this weekend. I've been playing around with my rotation schedule, I've dropped a couple of SALs and added otheres, and I'm still doing starts. Whatever I decide, I'll show progress pics on Monday.
5. I've become addicted to Flosstube. I can't remember who first mentioned it in their blog, but I was intrigued so I headed over to YouTube to find out. For those of you who don't know, they're videos done by stitchers showing their WIPs, purchases and stitching techniques and tutorials. Basically a live blog. I love to pull up a video while I stitch or fold clothes; it's like watching TV but all about cross stitching. So far, my favorite flosstubers are Tricia the Left Handed Stitcher and BlimeyCatStitches.
Thanks for reading.