Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Challenge #18: Crochet on TV and in Movies

This week's challenge for the 52 Week Crochet Challenge hosted by Red Berry Crochet is to name movies or TV shows that show someone crocheting or show a crocheted item.

After racking my brain, I could only think of one time I've seen crochet in a movie or on TV. I've seen several afghans and crocheted clothing items on That 70's Show.

But, of course, I knew that couldn't be it, so I went to good old Google. Then I spent the next 10 minutes saying, "Oh, yeah! I forgot about that!" or "Really? I've seen that a thousand times. How'd I miss that?" 

So, here are a couple of crochet things I've seen on TV and in movies and apparently forgotten:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets- Molly Weasley's sweater sleeves
The Smurfs- granny square afghan on the couch
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- the grandmother is crocheting
Roseanne- afghan on the couch and some sweaters

I also found a good forum discussion on Crochetville; this lists dozens of references to crochet in movies and on TV. 
And here's a section of posts from CrocheTime titled As Seen On TV.
And another good list from Crochet Concupiscence.

Crochet is everywhere :-)
What's your favorite crocheted item you've seen on TV or in a movie?

Thanks for reading.
Blessings :-)

Today's Inspiration

Source: http://www.theboldabode.com/free-updates




2 comments:

  1. We are hige fans of The Big Bang Theory and I always admire Amy's afghan on the back of her sofa!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the show so I looked up pictures online. I really like it! Thanks :-)

      Delete