I'm linking up Five Random Things From My Week with Five on Friday hosted by Amy of Love Made My Home.
1. My super-talented artist daughter, Hope, drew me as a My Little Pony. She incorporated my hair and eyes (brown), my three favorite colors (purple, red, and blue), and one of my favorite hobbies (crochet). And, of course, my name is the same as my favorite brand of yarn, Red Heart.
2. Twenty ounce Cokes have names on them lately. I saw this one and had to buy it. Not that I want to share my soda with a 14-month-old!
3. I received my first order of hand-dyed floss from Mo's Sale! Isn't it pretty?? From left to right, I have Dory, Kristoff, Nemo, Pride, and Tagada (already in use on a project, it would be on a bobbin right now but I'm currently out). I'm very happy with it and plan to order more.
4. I'm curious: how big is a bag of sugar where you live? In Florida, sugar is sold in five pound bags. In Ohio, where my dad lives, and here in Texas, sugar is sold in four pound bags. One of those things in life that make you say, "Hmmm."
5. Our oldest church member, Miss Goodwyn, passed away a couple of weeks ago. She was 94! I hadn't known her very long, but she was always happy to see us, and she loved kids. She also loved bluebonnets, the state flower of Texas, and had a four acre field of them on her property. At her memorial last week, everyone took home this bookmark; the little heart is full of bluebonnet seeds! I thought that was the neatest way to remember a sweet lady.
Thanks for reading and looking.