Search This Blog

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 1

Our bags packed, ready to go!
It's been a quiet, uneventful day on the road. The weather's been good, a little rainy. Traffic was light until we got to Mississippi, then we crawled the rest of the way to our hotel in Louisiana.
Here are some pictures from the day:
The rest stop in Tallahassee

We had a nice picnic lunch.
The rain we encountered in Alabama.
Going into the tunnel in Mobile. This always makes me nervous!
Hard to believe we're driving underwater!
Sitting outside the Mississippi Welcome Center with my friend, Judi
They had a neat sculpture garden there.
Hard to read here, but it explains how these men made the sculpture garden from oak trees killed by Hurricane Katrina.
I thought this cloud looked neat. 
Made it to Louisiana safe and sound! 
I did make about 85 yo yos today but didn't take any pictures.
See you tomorrow for day 2!
Thanks for reading!
Blessings :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hi my dear Friend,
    I nominated you for a little something..go and have a look..
    You don't need to do something. This is only I like your blog really so much..
    xoxo..:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You're so sweet :-) I really enjoy yours too.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you're not only having a nice time your crochet is also progressing too. Where are you going in Louisiana? My older son was born At Barksdale AFB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm faster crocheting in the car; less distractions!
      Louisiana was our stopping point for the night before we left for Texas; we stayed in Lafayette.

      Delete