Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Last Day at Home Before Our Trip

What a week! Getting ready for a big trip is more work than actually going! It's going to be all worth it, though. We're going to have a great time. 13 hours until we leave! 
We got Hope dropped off at her friend's house; no tears this year. She's too excited about getting to play with horses all week :-) 
All the packing is done except for food and bathroom supplies; those will be done tomorrow morning.
We have a few things to do this evening (cleaning, mostly; I can't leave a dirty house), but we've been able to relax this afternoon for the first time all week. I even managed to get a little crocheting done.
I finally finished the blanket for Project Linus. It came out very pretty, but I don't think I'll make the pattern again with baby weight yarn and a G hook; it took forever! But it's done, it's cute, and it's in the mail.
I made the week 8 squares for the Granny Square CAL. I really like this pattern. I'd love to try it with a yellow center with white and blue for the other rounds.

And I made one of Astri's roses in patriotic colors. I wondered how it would look multi colored, and I was very happy with the result.
Thank you for all the lovely comments lately; I apologize for not responding in a timely manner. And I've been terrible about seeing what everyone else is up to. This next week should give me some time to catch up; I'll also be posting a travel diary of our trip. 

Thanks for reading!
Blessings :-)

Daily Inspiration


5 comments:

  1. Hi dear my friend, I wish you and your family have a very good time and enjoy your trip..:))
    Your granny squares are very beautiful I always like your crochets..:))
    All best wishes...:))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip - see you when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip. We'll be waiting for your return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip. Look forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your things are lovely, have a lovely trip :)

    ReplyDelete