Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

This and That

It's been a busy couple of days around here. Horseback riding lessons, errands, a Celebrating Home party and a Harry Potter movie marathon kept me running yesterday, and today we did housework and spent the evening in Orlando. 
I'm still plugging away on the shawl. I'm on the last 5 rows and each row takes forever (kind of like a round ripple). Hopefully, I'll be done soon.

Dishcloth a Day #4

Yesterday's dishcloth was the 29 Stitches Dishcloth from The Good Life. I like this pattern because it works up quickly and easily. I messed this one up, though; I put too many single crochets on the sides so it came out ruffly. So, rather than frogging the round, I changed the second round a little (reverse single crochet, chain 3, skip 2 stitches, reverse single crochet in the next stitch) to make the ruffly work for it. It still needs to be blocked a little but I like the effect. 

Dishcloth a Day #5

Today's was a lot of fun. I wish I had a link for you, but I couldn't find the pattern on the Lily Sugar n Cream website. I found the pattern on the cotton yarn wrapper. It was just called Dishcloth. It was quick and easy with single crochets in chain 2 spaces so it has a mesh-y look.

Granny Square Saturday

I made the first square for my Granny Square challenge this year. This is the Dream Weaver Square from Stormy'z Crochet. I love it! I can picture a whole blanket made with these; I bet different color combinations would look great. 

Photo a Day Challenge January 4, 2013

Yesterday's topic was The View From Here. I snapped a picture of Hope at her horseback riding lesson. It was a little drizzly and cold, but that never stops her from riding.


Photo a Day Challenge January 5, 2013

Today's topic was Movement. I was trying to find something interesting to shoot. This is the traffic on the Turnpike on our way to Orlando. I got a little glare from the windshield even though my flash wasn't on, but it still came out good.

Today's Inspiration

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have,
and only you can determine how it will be spend.
Be careful lest you let others spend it for you.
Carl Sandburg 

Thanks for reading!
Blessings :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment