Saturday, August 31, 2013

Not Bad For a Failure

Despite my monumental pile of WIPs to finish,  I decided to make something new today.
I started with the pattern from Annoo's Crochet World. I immediately ran into a problem trying to crochet DK weight yarn with 2.25 mm hook. After several attempts, I switched to a 3.25 mm. The stitches were still very tiny, so I moved into the dining room where the light was better.
All went well with the pen sleeve. Then another problem; despite several attempts, I couldn't make the curlicues. They just looked awful. I was frustrated at that point (it's a simple pattern) and was ready to chuck the whole thing. 

After a five minute breather, I put the pattern aside and created a different top. It's just lengths of chains slip stitched to the last row, but I was ready to be done with it. I also left the top open (the pattern calls for it to be closed) because I wanted to be able to change the pen when it ran out of ink.
All in all, not bad for a failure.
Thanks for reading!
Blessings :-)

Today's Inspiration


  1. Well done I think it's cute too. :)

  2. Sometimes it's best to just modify's cute..I just found a snap pen wrap I want to make...

    1. Thanks :-) There's nothing wrong with the original pattern, I was just having trouble with it.
      I look forward to seeing your pen wrap :-)