Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2015

This and That and More Starts

Wow, has it really been almost a week since my last post? I've spent most of that time on the couch on a heating pad; I've been having trouble with back pain again. Today's the first day I can move around freely without heating patches and can sit at the computer for an extended period of time. Poor Tim's been home with a severe throat infection most of the week. He's much better today, too.

We got another 3 inches of snow last night. 
Can you see where the dogs have been?
I'm grateful Texas snow is here one day and gone the next (or sometimes the same day). It's already starting to melt.

I have two other projects on my hook right now besides the Mini Rings of Change blanket and 2015 blanket. I'm working on a corner to corner afghan for my new nephew who's due in June.
I'm using a J hook and Red Heart Super Saver in Soft Navy and Delft.
And I'm making a Cowl Neck Poncho for myself; I'm always cold in the house.
Right now, I'm using a K hook and Red Heart Super Saver in Cherry for the cowl part. I have another 6 rounds to do before I start the body of the poncho. Then I'll switch to a J hook, but I'm not sure what color yarn.

I've been continuing with my starts for Debbie's Insane Super Duper Ultimate Crazy January February March Challenge, but I also have progress on three of my starts from January and February.
Start #14: Socks and Underwear by Lizzie Kate.
 February 23
 Now
Start #17: Blessed Are the Quilters by Graph It Arts
January 17
Now
Start #46: Calendar Girls January by Little House Needleworks
 February 23
Now

These are the starts for March so far:
#60: Calendar Girls February from Little House Needleworks
 
#61: There's No Place Like Home (a free chart from The Little Stitcher)
#62: Pretty Little New York from Satsuma Street
(this is a SAL with Jo and Linda so I'll be working on it every Tuesday)
 
#63: Ho Ho Ho Holiday Jingles from Lizzie Kate
#64: Deck the Halls Jingles from Lizzie Kate

Alex is taking a rare nap, so I'm off to do laundry and shovel clutter. I feel like making brownies today, too. That's a bigger priority, right?
Thanks for reading and looking.
Blessings.

Thursday Tickle

Photo Credit


24 comments:

  1. We got 5 inches here last night! It's all melting here now too, and the roads are dry. Sure was pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I wondered how much you got. It was pretty from inside the house, but I didn't want to go out in it this time.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate, I love the snow scenes and it looks pretty. The blanket is nice and so is the cowl poncho. The cowl poncho is all the rage right now! Have a nice Friday and weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie :-) I've had the pattern for awhile and decided to give it a go; I know it's been all over blogland for awhile. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. We got snow last night too, I'm kind of hoping now it's the last. It's March and I'm ready for some spring color. Love all your projects. The corner-2-corner blanket is sweet, I like the colors you chose. The poncho is going to be a fun project, looking forward to watching it progress. Take care, hope you and your hubby are both feeling better soon. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Heather! I hope it warms up for you soon. We're all much better now, thanks :-)

      Delete
  4. Love the blues in the blanket Kate. Your cowl poncho looks like it is going to be nice and warm. Great progress on the WIP's you worked. I really like all of your new starts.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda :-) I hope so, as I'm always cold!

      Delete
  5. Great new starts and as always I love your crochet projects. I really need to focus on mine more. I'm hoping to get that blanket done this year. But.... I said that last year too LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah :-) I need to focus more, too; I've done much more stitching than crocheting this year. I believe you WILL get the blanket done this year!

      Delete
  6. Hope your back is better Kate, there is nothing worse than back pain. I love all the work you have on the go and I love the start of your poncho it's a lovely colour, what pattern are you using? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much better, Linda, thanks :-) I'm using this pattern for the Cowl Neck Poncho:
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cowl-neck-poncho-3
      but I don't like the fringe so I will probably finish mine like Lucy did hers:
      http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2014/12/cowl-neck-poncho-ta-dah.html

      Delete
  7. You are working on some very nice crochet projects. And wow, such great progress on these crazy challenge pieces. They are coming along great. You are so brave continuing with the challenge, lol. BUt I can understand it so well - starting new projects can be very addictive.
    Hopefully your snow will be melting soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brigitte :-) I'm really enjoying the challenge, both the new starts and working on all the fun pieces. Our snow's just about gone today.

      Delete
  8. The blanket will be beautiful, what lovely colours!
    Great update on all your stitching, I love those LK charts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) Lizzie Kate charts are a lot of fun.

      Delete
  9. Wow that's a lot of awesome starts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your back. I understand the pain completely. Snow has been dodging us so far but our WV family is getting hit hard. Stay warm and crochet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much better today, Charlotte, thanks :-) Glad to hear your weather hasn't been too bad. Stay warm!

      Delete
  11. Lovely starts! I love the blue colors on that blanket;)

    ReplyDelete