Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Busy Saturday

Yesterday was so busy, I'm just now getting around to posting about it! I love this time of year because there's so much to do. It feeds my manic spirit.
I felt Betty Crocker-ish in the morning, so I made a pumpkin pie and a batch of Puppy Chow (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's Chex cereal covered with chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar.). My niece and nephew came over for the afternoon; while they played with Hope, I cleaned and organized the Florida room. 
I know it still looks messy, but it's A LOT better. You can actually walk in there now and get anything from the shelves or bins. It's a hard room to keep clean because it's small and we store everything in there: my library, Hope's school stuff, my craft supplies, my jewelry supplies, coats and umbrellas, and the dog crate. But if it's messy, it really bothers me because it's the first room you see when you walk in the house.
I also organized my scrapbooking supplies on these shelves. Now I can see what I have and find a specific item when I need it. Amazing!
I made a couple of washcloths yesterday. Tim wants to keep these; he's always complaining we never have enough because I give away all I make.
After my niece and nephew left, we went to see ICE at the Gaylord Palms hotel. It's a big arena they set up every year with 2 million pounds of carved ice. The irony was not lost on me; my family up north complains about the snow and ice while we pay to see it! We had a really great time; we're grateful we live in Florida where it's warm!
Here are a few pictures I took; remember, all the carvings are ice. It's truly a work of art.
Marty, Melman and Gloria from Madagascar
Lemurs from Madagascar
Statue of Liberty
Hope going down the ice slide
Madagascar penguins
Fruitman
Tim and Hope in front of the ice waterfall. The blue coats were provided; it was 9 degrees in there!
This was my favorite part: the ice Nativity scene.
We left there and went to dinner. By the time we got home, it was after midnight. What a day!
Hope and I rested today while Tim cleaned his shed. That's another monster project! We're leaving for the art festival in Kissimmee in a little while, then Walmart and Big Lots. 
I hope you've had a busy, wonderful weekend!

Today's Inspiration

 
Thanks for reading.
Blessings :-)





2 comments:

  1. Those ice carvings are amazing. Thanks for the pics. Love the colors of your washclothes. Have fun today.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete