Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2012

Shopping and Slippers

Christmas is 38 days away! Scary, isn't it?
I had a doctor's appointment today. Hope decided to stay home, so I used this rare opportunity to do some Christmas shopping for her on my way home. I bought her a rug for her room, pajamas, art supplies and a couple small toys from Target. Then I stopped at Michaels and bought her some beading supplies (her new favorite hobby). Of course, I had to check out the yarn while I was there.
Country Loom was half price so I grabbed four skeins in Nobility, a color I've never seen before. I also picked up two skeins of Wool Ease Thick and Quick in Claret. My friend, Amanda, wants me to make her mom a pair of slippers for Christmas.
Speaking of slippers, I took a little break from my three big projects and made two pairs of slippers in the last couple of days.
I'll put these in the gift drawer with the other two pair. No one will have cold feet this winter :-)

Today's Inspiration

Thanks for reading!
Blessings :-)


4 comments:

  1. That's good that you've started your Christmas shopping - I haven't started mine yet. The slippers look nice - they'll make good gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually wait until the last minute so it's a little strange to have some completed already. Thanks! I hope whoever gets them likes them.

      Delete
  2. Love your slippers. My gift drawer is full of them. I haven't started Christmas shopping yet--I dread it. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're fun to make. I don't like the crowds when Christmas shopping, but I love buying presents for people.

      Delete