Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2014

Challenge #16: Work From a Crochet Chart

This week's challenge for the 52 Week Crochet Challenge is a really good one for me. I had to find a small pattern with a stitch chart and crochet it. Working from a stitch chart is something I've always wanted to learn but have never really tried. I see so many beautiful crocheted items, but when I find there's only a chart and no written pattern, I turn away from them.

I chose a very small, very easy stitch chart to follow. This is motif #36 from Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie Eckman. It does have a written pattern with it, but I did my best to only use the stitch chart. It wasn't too difficult; I got stuck only a couple of times. I think I'll try to make some more motifs from the book using only the charts. 

Do you prefer written instructions or a stitch chart?

Thanks for reading.
Blessings :-)

Today's Inspiration


2 comments:

  1. Cute motive Kate. I have only worked from written instructions.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty motif Kate. I like to have both a chart and written instructions because sometimes the chart isn't too clear, like the one I'm trying to follow at the moment, having said that a well written simple chart I find much better than reading a load of instructions, I usually read the wrong line and it goes all wrong! have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete