Search This Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Walking Around Waxahachie

Some friends from church let us borrow their car for the weekend. It was really nice to get out as a family; I've been going a little stir crazy this week. Yesterday, we drove south to Waxahachie and walked around historic downtown.
I wandered around the scrapbook store, something I've wanted to do for a long time. It's a great store; I'm sorry I forgot to get pictures inside. 
There were a lot of interesting shops. I liked the owl display in this one. Tim inadvertently photo bombed my shot. See him in the mirror?
We loved the architecture of the historic courthouse. It was built in 1897.
Here are some more shots from different sides. I love the faces carved above the columns.
We had a disgustingly unhealthy but extremely delicious lunch at a philly cheesesteak place. My only complaint was they didn't use enough cheese.
One of the shops, Mosaic Madness, was right up Hope's alley. She loves anything to do with art. You choose a chipboard shape and turn it into a mosaic with glue and bits of glass and stones.
Her work in progress. She's finishing the grout on it today so I'll wait to show you the finished product.
We found a nice paved walking path on the outskirts of downtown. We only walked about a half mile but saw some interesting sights.
These painted barrels were at the beginning of the section we walked.
Poor kite. It never had a chance.
Biggest lizard I've ever seen outside of a zoo! It's tail was another two or three inches.
We thought this was a little odd; the section of path we walked ended in a cemetery. The path continued for several more miles, but we turned around at this point because it was getting late.
It was a long day but very enjoyable. Here's Tim and Hope posed on a caboose displayed outside the old train depot. As for Alex?
She slept in her stroller most of the day. The life of a baby :-)

Thanks for reading.
Blessings :-)

Today's Inspiration










4 comments: