Search This Blog

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Family Day Out

Finally took a day out to enjoy this beautiful weather. We didn't go too far, just up to a large park in Orlando. 
Lots of great hiking trails (although I didn't take any pictures of those) and beautiful lakefront views. 

They had a little petting farm, closed for the day by the time we got there, but we still got to look at the animals.

Tim and Hope did a little fishing.
Tim wasn't too thrilled that Hope was the only one who caught anything! 
Of course, I came with trusty crochet hook in hand. This picture was taken in my living room, but these are the yo-yo's I completed. Another one of my WIPs (I get anxious if I'm not working on four or five things at once. I think I have a problem!). Soon after Tim and and Hope started fishing, a wasp landed on my hand. It didn't sting me, but I instinctively twitched my hand...and there went my brand new H hook into the lake! It didn't fly too far, and we could see it on the bottom about two feet down. Tim really tried to get it, but we lost it in the muck. Oh, well. Good thing I always carry a spare!




I love signs like these that remind me I live in Florida. Where else can you see signs warning you about alligators?
We saw a lot of birds and squirrels but this little guy was the highlight of the nature experience for Hope. Of course we had to have the rabies talk and the "don't touch wild animals" talk after we saw this.
All in all, a fun day. Very tiring, so we settled for frozen pizza for dinner.
Before I sign off for the day, I managed to snap a picture of my crazy dog for you.
Note the red cable attached to her collar. She dug that hold to get into the kennel, not out. She's still attached to another cable that runs the length of the yard. I couldn't get her to look at the camera; she was too interested in what the cat was doing behind me. That's our Sugar. You can't tell in the picture, but she's not a small dog. When she stands up, she can put her paws on my shoulders, and I'm 5'3". And she's a full 80 pounds, if not a little more. But super sweet and very protective, just what you'd want in a dog.
Thanks for reading.
Blessings :-)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Hope for catching a fish. I bet that made her happy.

    I wonder why there has to be a sign warning people against feeding or molesting alligators - who in their right mind would do either of those things? Crazy.

    Sugar is a pretty dog - does she go back and forth through the hole she dug?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Debi. She especially loves it when she catches a fish and dad doesn't!
    You would be amazed at the number of people I see messing with alligators. I can walk down to the lake right now and probably find someone attempting to feed one. People are weird.
    Yes, Sugar goes back and forth through her "door" she dug. Silly dog!
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete