Search This Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Me-time Saturday

What a day! It was so nice to take a whole day for myself. I know that sounds a little selfish, but, remember, I homeschool and work from home. A whole day just hanging with friends and going to places I like is not a normal thing around here.
First up was Hobby Lobby. Angela and Sarah had never been, and I hadn't been in months, so we had a blast walking around looking at everything. We all left with several new goodies.
 No good yarn sales today, but I had a 40% off coupon I used on a skein of I Love This Yarn in Autumn Stripe. I also picked up a new H hook and this neat canvas print.
Scrapbook stickers, adhesive squares, and adhesive gems and pearls were all 40% and 50% off so I grabbed a few of those, too. (Crazy, flippy computer!) All total, I spent about $27. Not too bad.

We had lunch at Chik-Fil A, then it was on to the Scrappy Boutique, a locally owned scrapbook store. I love to just browse there; they have the neatest paper crafting supplies you can't find at other stores, although they can be a bit pricey.
We had fun in the 40% off clearance corner. I picked up 17 sheets of really nice, thick, double sided scrapbook paper for $11.

We made it home by 2, then I had to leave at 3 to go to my friend, Sarah's, Stampin Up workshop in Lakeland. I picked up my friend Emily and we headed over. 
We had a great time! There were 8 ladies total plus Sarah's husband. We watched the representative make two really neat projects and then we each made one of these nice Christmas cards. I ordered some markers, ink pads, a clear stamp, and an acrylic block (for the stamp). I spent a little too much; I'll have to deduct some of my shopping money from our Texas trip budget!

I was home by 8:30 and spent the rest of the evening crocheting and watching TV. Tim and Hope went to bed early, so it's just been me and the dog. 
I hope your Saturday was just as enjoyable as mine :-)

Two Bits of Trivia

June 23 is National Columnists Day and National Pink Day
Pearls dissolve in vinegar.

Daily Inspiration


Thanks for reading!
Blessings :-)

8 comments:

  1. I love your goodies. Glad you were able to have some time for yourself. That is what I did last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful crafty day filled with goodness and friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't homeschool, but I work in a nursery taking care of 8 babies. I also have my own 6 year old at home. I completely understand and think you deserve time to yourself! We all do. I also love Hobby Lobby. Sounds like it was a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I think your job's harder than mine. I admire your abilities.
      We had a lot of fun :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi dear, thanks for stopping by :) Your blog is a threshold of so much creativity, its inspiring :) Have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really enjoy yours, too. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week :-)

      Delete