Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sunshine & WIPs

 Hurray! The sun returned today. After a week of soaking from Tropical Storm Beryl (we were lucky; all we got was rain, nothing else), it was nice to see the sun again. Ninety four in the shade, but at least we have sunshine again.
My goofy dog (I'll have to post some pictures soon) finally found a happy medium. Tim put up a kennel for her last week so she could get out of the sun. Of course she dug her way out immediately, so we put her back on the chain until we can build a floor. But today she re-dug her hole, this time crawling back inside the kennel, still attached to the chain! Whatever makes her happy :-) I've been letting her come inside a lot lately because of the heat.
I know it's not WIP Wednesday, but I'm a few weeks behind and need to get caught up.
This is a simple ripple blanket (thank you, Lucy, at Attic 24 for the wonderful pattern!) I'm making for a friend's birthday. I'm using Red Heart Super Saver in Light Blue, Aruba Sea, and Ocean. The colors didn't come out too well in the picture.
These two are for my friend's two sons' birthdays coming up this summer. The top one is a round ripple (pattern linked on Debi Y's blog) in Red Heart Super Saver Light Blue, Royal and Soft Navy. The bottom one is a Lego Block (pattern from AllFreeCrochet.com) in Red Heart Super Saver Cherry Red and Bright Yellow. 
Here's a close-up of the block so you can see the bobbles better. I'm doing the rest of the Lego's in Royal, Pumpkin, and Paddy Green.
Finally conquered one of my two Mile a Minute UFO's. This is the one for my nephew (still in progress in this picture, but I did finish it! YAY!), and I'm almost done with the other one.
And lastly, I made this washcloth with cotton yarn. Poppy was the color, but I can't remember the brand. And I can't put my hands on the pattern right now; I think it was called Blackberry Salad??? I'll poke around my craft corner and see if I can find it to post.
Thanks for reading.
Blessings :-)

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks nice - you certainly have a lot on your plate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything is beautiful, I love that ripple blanket such pretty colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words, ladies :-) I believe I have a terrible disease that requires me to constantly be working on large crochet projects. But do I want to find the cure??

    ReplyDelete