Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Birthday

Twelve years ago, I started the scariest journey I've known. I became a mom.
Where did the time go? A minute ago, she was tiny enough for me to hold in the crook of my arm. Now she's almost as tall as me. 
She has her dad's kooky sense of humor. She can draw anything just by looking at it. She marches to the beat of her own drum. She has a sweet servant's heart and loves taking care of other people.
Her birthday this year is bittersweet. The last one before she's a teenager. The last one she'll have as an only child. 
She didn't ask for much this year. A couple of video games and some art supplies. She also asked me to make her a Blooming Flower Cushion for her bed.
She chose the colors: Royal, Turqua, Pretty N Pink, and Amethyst, all Red Heart Super Saver. 
We're going to the zoo Saturday to celebrate as a family, but today is just for the two of us. She wants hamburger rolls for dinner, but hasn't decided on anything else. We'll play it by ear and see where the day takes us.
Thanks for reading.
Blessings :-)

Today's Inspiration


8 comments:

  1. I wish your daughter a very Happy Birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell your daughter happy birthday from me. I hope you both enjoy today together and create a wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your daughter! She has great taste in yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter. Your plans sound nice. I enjoy going to the zoo, especially in the spring. I haven't heard of hamburger rolls before, is it a recipe you can share? Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regarding the hamburger rolls, I don't remember where I got the recipe so I think I can share it without a problem. It's a big favorite in our house. Look for a recipe picture tutorial for them on Friday.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to your daughter Kate. Enjoy your day together.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter Kate, I love her Cushion. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, ladies, for all the birthday wishes. Hope said to tell you thank you, too :-)

    ReplyDelete