Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

Stashbuster #8: Ferris Wheel Baby Blanket

I finished the Ferris Wheel Baby Blanket yesterday. In the process, I discovered my personal crochet gauge is a lot looser than it has been in the past. I've always considered myself a tight crocheter, but this blanket came out 35" (not 32") and used two 7 oz. skeins plus a little more of a third. Interesting. The three colors I used are Aran, Coral, and Rust (discontinued), all Red Heart Super Saver.
Friday, this will be winging its way to Maryland for the Guardian Grandmas, organized by the lovely Debi Y. of Dly's Hooks and Yarns.
Thanks for reading!
Blessings :-)

Today's Inspiration

Source: http://www.inspirationalfamousquotes.com/2014/01/we-have-to-continually-be-jumping-off.html

9 comments:

  1. It turned out really nice; I like the cheerful colors you used. Have a great day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Kate what a beautiful blanket, I must make one like this, it's going on my to do list. Do you sleep at all? I think you must be crocheting through the night the speed you are turning out all these lovely makes haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) No, not sleeping much at night with the baby. But all my crocheting's done during the day. When homeschooling and housework are done, it's hooky time :-)

      Delete
  3. It came out so pretty with the colors you chose. Thank you for your generosity - I'll keep an eye out for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) Hope gets credit for the rust. It was her idea for the border. It should go in the mail Friday, so maybe Monday or Tuesday?

      Delete
  4. Congrats on finishing the adorable blanket. I love the colors and the pattern.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Hope the pattern is not hard because I would love to try one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) Don't worry; the pattern is very easy to understand.

      Delete