Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2015

Mini Rings of Change CAL Week 2 and Start #2

A little late in the day, but here it is!
Rounds 1 through 5 in Grape, Black, and Neon Green. 
Linda's first five rounds are beautiful in purple and yellow; you can see it here. 
If you're joining us in the CAL and haven't gotten this far, don't worry; just keep working this next week. We're going to add rounds 6 and 7 only, so you have plenty of time to catch up.

I'm really trying to get control of my yarn this year; it's kind of all over the house. When we put up the Christmas tree, I had Tim move the yarn cabinet. He came to the conclusion that I don't need any more yarn for awhile.
But, of course, when my friend called today and said she found yarn at a resale shop for 50 cents and $1.00 a skein, what was I to do?
Four double skeins and four regular skeins of Red Heart Super Saver,
one Caron Simply Soft, two Loops and Threads Impeccable,
one Bernat Baby Coordinates, one Red Heart Soft,
two I Love This Yarn,
and five skeins of Homespun 
ALL FOR $20!!
Couldn't resist :-)

That being said, I'm striving to do a lot of stashbusting this year.
I have two new things on the hook (like I don't have enough already!); these are strictly scrap blankets made from all the little balls of yarn I have everywhere.
This one is a scrap along hosted by Zelna of Zooty Owl. It has no rhyme or reason as to color and is just worked on whenever I feel like adding another hexagon (or two, like I did today).
This one is modeled after  Lucy's Patchwork Granny on Attic24. But this one will be a 2015 blanket; one square per day. It's not a mood blanket. Whatever color I happen to grab is the one that gets added. Solid colors only. 

I managed to squeeze in a little cross stitch today, just enough to start #2 for the SDUCJFC.
Summer Quilts
There are two posts holding up the line of quilts; this is part of the left one.

Thanks for reading and looking.
Blessings :-)

Today's Inspiration

Photo Credit


13 comments:

  1. I like your new start! And REALLY like the colors of your afghans! I need to do some stash-busting of my own - I keep my yarn in one of those wide-drawer file cabinets and it's stuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilts your stitching. I think I have those in magazines. Nice yarn haul. Great start on the blanket and I love the other two your working on.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of that exact Homespun yarn. :) My yarn is all over the place, too, but there's so much that I don't have one spot where I can keep it. And I'm running out of space for anything. But, I also caved before we went to Dubai and bought a lot of cotton so I could make doilies and mandalas, easy projects for travel. I love scrap blankets of any kind. Mindless projects are what we need sometimes. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those scrap blankets! To me that looks like "proper" crochet, more so than the co-ordinated things we see more often these days. Granny squares like grannies used to make! They will look stunning when finished, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your CAL and stitching SALs are going great!! The scrap blanket is looking lovely:)
    No yarn is enough. I think Tim will have to find alternatives like censoring yarn sale news to you ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are lovely, black always seems to make the other colors stand out more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We never have enough yarn! Great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your work. Its so much fun to get new stash! Great job on all your starts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi...looking good..seems like there are alot of CAL's for blankets or afghans already this year. love the colors you have picked..I don't like piece work..I will do it if I really love the pattern, but for large items..I like to keep going around and around...lol..don't mind me. I am waiting for a pattern to come in the mail for a blanket that I am doing with a few other ladies..it is on the cover of Crochet!! the spring edition..Happy new Year and may your stash continue to grow in the new year..

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are staying busy with these adorable crafty items! Yarn is so comforting...and oops I just purchase beige for the first time in forever! Perhaps I will pair it with color. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. One can never gave too many friends....or too much stash :D Maybe husbands will understand that one day!
    Love your crochet blocks.....I taught myself to cricket so that I could make a granny square:D
    Great stitching...no idea how you manage all that stitching and crochet too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ove your first 5 rounds kate and all that lovely new yarn, I wouldn't have been able to resist either, we are stashaholics after all :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I found your Cal via Linda. I am going to join in too, You can see my efforts on my blog. I am making a rug and stashbusting too. I love the colours in your cal. Those new wools look irresistible!

    ReplyDelete