Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2015

YOTA, Turtle Trot, and Mini Rings of Change CAL Week 3

My apologies! I'm late with everything this week. Life is good just very busy right now. We've had some tech problems this week, so all three of us are sharing one computer. Alex is adjusting to a new nap schedule and had a flu shot Friday, so she's been temperamental. And our jewelry convention was terrific (but very draining). Ah, lovely, relaxing Sunday :-)
Lots of stitchy pictures on this post; if you're looking for CAL info, you can just scroll past them to the bottom.
Okay, first up: Turtle Trot. It's being hosted by the lovely Claudette of BAP Attack. We're to pick 10 cross stitch UFOs to work on for the year and post before and after pictures on the 10th of every month.
Here are my 10:
Brown Trotter
God So Loved the World

Sunflower Seeds

Cherished Teddies Roly Poly February

Cherished Teddies Roly Poly March

Cherished Teddies Roly Poly April

Cherished Teddies Roly Poly August

Cherished Teddies Roly Poly September

Lid Up

Next Trick

Next up is YOTA (Year of the Acronym). It's being hosted by the sweet blogger at Pull the Other Thread. We pick a cross stitch UFO to work on for the year and post on the first Saturday of the month. January was a little different; we got an extra week (and I'm still late!).
Here's my pick for the year:

And, finally, Mini Rings of Change CAL. If you scrolled all the way to the bottom to see progress pictures, I'm sorry to disappoint you. I haven't done my assignment this week (rounds 6-7), and I haven't been to anyone's blogs to see their progress. Shameful!! 
But I do have a new assignment for you for week 3. Let's do three rounds this week, 8-10. I'll try to post some new pics soon. If anyone thinks we need to take a week off to catch up, please let me know.
I'm still doing my new starts for the Super Duper Ultimate Crazy Challenge; I'll be back tomorrow with pictures of those.
I'm hoping and wishing for some hooky time this week; my poor hooks and yarn are going to gather dust soon!
Thanks for reading and looking.
Blessings :-)

26 comments:

  1. Wow you have so much going on. It will be nice to get some progress on those UFOs. I really only have one UFO and have put it aside to do the stitchy new start. Here's to a little hooky time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have terrible CADD - Crafting Attention Deficit Disorder (or change the Craft to Crochet). I always have to have a crazy pile of projects all going at the same time. Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  2. You have made lots of stitching progress!! They look great:)
    My needles and hooks are taking rest right now as I am on my other goal of learning Adobe Illustrator to draw crochet patterns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really; that's all from last year! I'm hoping to make progress this year on all of them and finish a few. How exciting to be learning a new program; have fun with it!

      Delete
  3. What a lot of great stitching going on, you have made great progress on them all already! look forward to seeing them grow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but all progress is from last year. I'm hoping to really make them grow in 2015.

      Delete
  4. What a great line up for your 2015 Turtle Trot projects. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You chose some great proejcts for the Turtle Trot. And I particularly love the Cluttered Collection for the YOTA Sal. Good luck with both SALs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) The Cluttered chart has been on the top of my to make pile for a lot of years. Fits me to a T!

      Delete
  6. All your projects look great. I love your choice for YOTA. Will be looking forward to seeing it grow throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I'm hoping for lots of progress this year!

      Delete
  7. You do so much you make me dizzy Kate, love your pictures, cross stitch is too slow for me I lose interest before the picture gets finished but I love them when they are done. I have always wanted to make a Christmas scene cross stitch to hang above my mantlepiece but I have never found one that I like enough. Have a great week. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make myself dizzy sometimes, Linda, but I don't know any other way to be :-) I have a couple of Christmas charts in the lineup.

      Delete
  8. I love all the projects that you have picked for both stitch alongs. I like the roly poly's.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda :-) I'm a Cherished Teddies nut.

      Delete
  9. I love the teddies and cat, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I love all things Cherished Teddies.

      Delete
  10. You are a busy lady with all those projects! Looking forward to seeing your CAL project. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always :-) I'm hoping to have some pictures this week on the CAL; crochet has been at the bottom of the priority list lately.

      Delete
  11. Great projects and good luck progressing on everything! I combined my TT and YOTA projects in some ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I thought about combining some charts for the SAL, but it was easier for me to keep everything separate.

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects!!
    Love the who left the lid one! HAd a cat who used to sit on the commode to watch me brush my teeth. One day he didn't look and fell in. About bust a gut laughing. After I chased him down for a bath, that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb :-) I had a cat like that, too. He refused to drink out of the water dish. It had to be the toilet. I fished him out a number of times. Cats are so funny :-)

      Delete