Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Start #15, Gifted Gorgeousness, and another CAL

I started chart #15 for the SDUCJFC.
Feed Me
I love Garfield. There are several more charts in this book I'd like to do, 
but another year (or later this year).

The lovely Jo of Serendipitous Stitching is hosting the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.  I've chosen this chart to stitch as a gift to Hope.
 I had started it a couple months ago on white aida, but didn't like how it looked. So I cut new fabric, this time oatmeal, a couple of days ago and restarted. Just a few stitches so far, but I'm liking it a lot better on this fabric.

One of my goals for 2015 was to join the Moogly CAL. The first block was a little too intimidating (the Jacob's Ladder stitch has now been added to my to-learn pile), so I chose one of the alternate squares.
This is the Spring Fling square from The Left Side of Crochet. I used Red Heart Super Saver in Lavender and Loops and Threads Impeccable in Cherry. With an I hook, my gauge gave me an 11" square instead of a 12", so I added an extra round of double crochets. I'm very happy with my first square, and the pattern is definitely a keeper.

I'm all caught up on my Mini Rings of Change blanket and am looking forward to seeing everyone's progress and adding a new assignment tomorrow.
Thanks for reading and looking.
Blessings :-)


28 comments:

  1. Elsa looks great on the oatmeal fabric! I can't wait to see more of her. Your crocheting is wonderful. The colors look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cross stitch projects. I was going to do the Moogly challenge but changed my mind when I saw the first square, lol! Your alternate square is lovely maybe I will revisit the idea. I have only completed one round of this weeks rounds, better get my skates on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zana :-) Yeah, that first square scared me! But when I left a comment, Tamara immediately encouraged me not to quit on the CAL and directed me to her alternate squares page. You've got time to complete your assignment; I usually don't do the post until late in the day :-)

      Delete
  3. What a pretty square and all your cross stitch projects are coming along nicely. Have a great evening and thanks for your encouraging comment on my earlier post. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that square Kate and the colors you used. Oh I don't need another SAL. Love your stitching especially Garfield. I'm pretty sure that I have a Garfield xs book. Think I might go see if I can find it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda :-) I don't, either, really, but I'm determined to do some serious stashbusting this year; two squares a month isn't too bad. Would love to see which one you have; I have several others, too.

      Delete
  5. Love the Garfield :) your crochet is beautiful! lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back again! There is an award for you if you are interested on my blog. I will have a look at the alternate squares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think blog awards are so fun. I hope you can find a square you like and still do the CAL.

      Delete
  7. Love the purple and red together. Your crocheting is very beautiful. I don't know a lot of different stitches so I tend to do a lot of repeat stuff....just in different colors. Can't wait to see how your projects turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah :-) I do the same thing, just stick to a lot of the same patterns. I'm trying to break out of that a little this year.

      Delete
  8. The oatmeal fabric is looking good and I think the design will be great on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful start on Garfield and Elsa. Love your CAL square!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Garfield is so cute! Will look forward on your progress on that one. Crochet and knitting are still a mystery to me, Lol. Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love Garfield :-) Knitting is a mystery to me.

      Delete
  11. Wonderful starts and you can't go wrong with Garfield! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, all so beautiful! Really tempted to join that other CAL, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I have way too many WIPs, but I figured I could handle two squares a month.

      Delete
  13. That's quite a project! Beautiful crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for taking part in GG this month.
    The right fabric is so important for the project. The oatmeal should show up the whites much more clearly

    ReplyDelete
  15. They all look good. I'd love to crochet but never have the time to learn

    ReplyDelete