Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2015

Mini Rings of Change CAL Week 4 and Start #16

The technology fun continues today. The card reader on my computer has decided to stop working. This means no pictures! It's very difficult to show cross stitch and crochet progress without pictures. We have a portable card reader somewhere; I'll be on the hunt for it this weekend.

So, I can't show you my progress on the Mini Rings of Change blanket, but I can show you what my fellow CAL stitchers have done.
Linda of Stichin With My Furbabies
Zana of Zana's Homemade
Linda of Linda's Crafty Corner
Tama of Stitching Daze

I love seeing everyone's different color combos. 
So, after three weeks, what are everyone's thoughts? Is the pace too slow or too fast? Any troubles? I know we have some tricky rounds coming up later with some interesting stitches. I'm working on finding tutorials for them. Let me know what you think, and I'll base this week's assignment off your feedback.
Update: Let's do rounds 11-14 this week. Have fun!

I did start #16 for the SDUCJFC: Cradled With Love (another Cherished Teddies chart). If you click on the page for the challenge, you can scroll down to see a picture of what the finished chart looks like.

I'm off to get ready for work tonight. 
Thanks for reading.
Blessings :-)
Photo Credit


14 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying seeing the different colors in all the crochet projects. It is a beautiful pattern. I would be posting a lot more photos if I could do it from my phone. We have a "family" shared computer but I don't spend much time on it...hence the once a week updates LOL. Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah :-) That's what we have right now, so I know it's hard to find time to blog.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate. My personal thought would be to do maybe 3 or 4 rows a week now until they start getting bigger and more complicated.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda :-) I appreciate your thoughts. I think that's what we'll do.

      Delete
    2. If you haven't seen it yet, I added this week's assignment under the pictures.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kate, I go with Linda, 3 or 4 now and less as it gets bigger. I went back to Moogly and guess what this afternoon I tackled the Kismet square with the help of the videos and looking at pictures on Ravelry I got there. Its not finished yet but I have done the hard part. It is beautiful. I think I like it better with lots of colours rather than just two. So I guess I am doing thnat Cal as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zana :-) I appreciate your thoughts. If you didn't see it, I added this week's assignment under the pictures. Congratulations on conquering the square! I can't wait to see the finished product. I think if I could find the time to sit down and watch the videos and work the square from them, I could tackle it.

      Delete
  4. I love your crochet, its beautiful. isn't it annoying when card readers do that! I keep a few spares in the drawer. happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not mine, but I agree with you :-) That's a good idea to have a couple spares. Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  5. Hope you get the card reader working soon. Beautiful crochet work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte :-) They are beautiful, aren't they? Everyone's doing great with the CAL.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy seeing the different color combinations too. The use of color can give something an entirely different look and often gives me inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Sharon. Many times I've passed on a pattern because I didn't like the color. But I'll see it later made with a different color and I want to make it. Funny :-)

      Delete