Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

WIP Wednesday

I'm finally settling back into a regular rhythm. I've had some hooky time this week, done some stitching, and am finally making it around to all of your blogs.

Here are starts #13-14 for the Super Duper Ultimate Crazy January February Challenge:
#13: To Do List
#14: Socks and Underwear
Both of these are Lizzie Kate charts. I've developed a serious addiction to her designs.

I'm working on the Mini Rings of Change CAL this week (I'm a bit behind), but I wanted to show you all the lovely progress being made by the other fellow crocheters. 
Linda of Linda's Crafty Corner
Tama of Stitching Daze
I forgot to ask permission to repost Zana's progress pictures, so you'll have click this link to go see her lovely progress.
Everyone's doing so well! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's rounds 8-10 this week. And remember: NO STRESSING if you're behind or haven't started. This a Turtle Crocheter CAL; no stress allowed.

I'm still adding a square a day to my 2015 blanket.
Right now, it looks like a scarf because I'm still on row 1. Because 365 doesn't break into two numbers, I've decided to make it 360 squares (24 rows of 15) and then add five rounds of a border (simple rounds!). It's going to be huge, but I'm excited. I'm having fun choosing random colors; I just reach in the scrap bin and grab.

Off to start dinner and change out the laundry.
Thanks for reading and looking.
Blessings :-)

Today's Inspiration

Photo Credit
This is my word for 2015 :-)

19 comments:

  1. Great new starts Kate. I love Lizzie Kate designs. I just sent you an email about the CAL. I have 9 rows done. Your square a day blanket is pretty but boy is that going to be huge and heavy. Maybe you should make 2 blankets out of the squares. A his and hers,.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda :-) It is going to a big blanket. Check back with me halfway through; I may take your advice!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very nice new projects for the Challenge. And a good start of the CAL. Your 360 days blanket will be gorgeous. And huge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brigitte :-) Everyone's doing great for the CAL; I should have some progress to show on Friday.

      Delete
  4. Love your square a day blanket Kate a great way to use some stash and granny squares too thats perfect. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda :-) So far, I'm enjoying it. Simple, meditative crochet.

      Delete
  5. I would really love to learn to crochet more than a dishcloth. You CAL is really great.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CJ :-) I'm sure you can crochet more than a dishcloth. Lots of great tutorials on the web and lots of great people willing to share what they know.

      Delete
  6. Sweet starts! Love the crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great starts!! The crocheted blanket looks wonderful! It's going to be huge when you're finished!! That'll be nice to have when it gets chilly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caitlin :-) It will be, but as I'm always cold, it'll be nice.

      Delete
  8. Great starts! Your square a day blanket is going to be lovely! Thanks for the link but I am quite happy for you to repost my progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zana :-) I'll be happy to repost your lovely pictures from now on.

      Delete
  9. Great starts and your 360 (+5) blanket will be very nice. Good way to used those little bits that build up. I'm making slow progress on my blanket. Will be posting about it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute starts!! Love the crochet CAL piece and the colorful squares:)

    ReplyDelete