Search This Blog

Friday, January 30, 2015

Mini Rings of Change CAL: Week 6

I hope everyone has had a good week. Tim started his vacation yesterday, so of course we've been incredibly busy the last two days. What is it about wanting to do everything all at once when you're on vacation? Aren't you supposed to be relaxing?
I was able to get caught up on my Mini Rings of Change blanket.
Rounds 11-14
Rounds 15-19
The colors are more true in the first picture; they're bright, but not that bright!
So far, I'm enjoying it immensely, although I didn't like rounds 14-16. They required an exact stitch count which required quiet concentration. In my house, that's a rare thing. I loved round 18; I've done the single crochet-treble crochet combo before and love the textured look.

How did everyone else do on theirs?

Linda of Linda's Crafty Corner
Linda of Stitchin With My Furbabies
This week, let's tackle rounds 20-25. They're all similar (combinations of single crochets and different chain lengths) so should work up quickly.
I'm working on photo tutorials for our next couple assignments; round 28 has cross stitches (I think those are fun) and rounds 30-31 have inverted V-stitches (I've worked those on one of Hope's blankets). I know you veteran crocheters can do those with your eyes closed, but in case we have any newer stitchers or anyone wants to do this CAL another time, I thought the tutorials would help.
The Mini Rings of Change CAL page has finally been updated; if you want to see everyone's progress from the beginning, you can click on the link.

I'm off to do my cross stitch start for the day (it's still Friday for a couple of hours).
If anyone is interested in seeing my progress on Cinderella's Castle, I've posted that on the other blog where I contribute, A New Stitchy Start.
Thanks for reading and looking.
Blessings :-)
 

22 comments:

  1. Your blanket looks great Kate. I did see your castle on the other blog. I think you should post a pic here too.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda :-) Yours, too! I think I'll do that next month.

      Delete
  2. Love the crochet. That thing is really growing quickly! I, of course, saw the castle's progress but agree that you should post it here too!!! It's just such a great design. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caitlin :-) We're just about at the halfway point. I think I'll double post the castle progress starting next month.

      Delete
  3. I love your colours Kate everyone is doing really well, have a good weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda :-) Yes, everyone seems to be enjoying it.

      Delete
  4. Have a great vacation! CAL is looking good.

    ReplyDelete

  5. good weekend!
    ★  *  ★ ★* * ☆  ★ ★* *★

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress! Oh my, that castle looks tremendous but oh so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) It is, but not as big as a couple other charts I'm working on.

      Delete
  7. Love all the colours, everyone is doing some beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) It's amazing how different everyone's work is when we're all working from the same pattern.

      Delete
  8. Hi,
    Those colors you have chosen are beautiful and bright.

    I nominated your blog for an award!

    http://takingonestitchatatime.com/2015/01/31/versatile-bloggers-award/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work on your CAL the colours look really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really getting tempted by all the photos and progress!
    It's really pretty

    ReplyDelete